Planning a Thanksgiving menu can be stressful. When you have to take the meat out of Turkey Day, it can be even more stressful. That’s where this post comes in. Having a vegan over this year? Don’t fret! There are plenty of vegan options for a day that is celebrated for its meat creations. Get in the holiday spirit with these seasonal recipes. When all is said and done, your guests won’t miss the turkey one bit.
Apps & Sides
- Easy Puff Pastry Sheet with Mushrooms: Mushrooms provide an earthy taste and combined with flaky puff pastries, they are a great way to tide guests over while putting the final touches on your Turkey Day meal.
(Recipe and photo by Seitan Is My Motor)
- Sage Citrus Roasted Butternut Squash: Eat like the pilgrims with some butternut squash. The best part of this recipe is the spices added to give the squash some kick. Enjoy a touch of summer with the citrusy taste of orange. (Recipe and photo by Healthy Happy Life)
- Green Beans with Lemon-Almond Pesto: Pesto made from nuts is one of my favorite vegan recipes. This combines vegan pesto with green beans for a rich and tasty side. (Recipe and photo by Oh My Veggies)
- Jellied Cranberry Sauce: It is not Thanksgiving without the cranberry sauce. The consistency of this sauce is like that of canned jelly, but it’s even better than the store-bought version because the high fructose corn syrup is nowhere to be found. (Recipe and photo by VeganYumYum)
The Main Dish
- Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed with Wild Rice Salad: Who says turkey has to steal the show every year? Try something different this year by choosing something just as hearty, but perfect for any vegan friends or family members. (Recipe and photo by Beard & Bonnet)
- Pumpkin and Cheesy Baked Potato Casserole: Vegans can still enjoy a cheesy dish with this gooey casserole. The pumpkin and “cheese” complement each other for a perfect Thanksgiving entrée. (Recipe and photo by Averie Cooks)
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie: This pie is so good that it doesn’t need crust to add flavor (although if you want to add crust, I’m sure it would still taste delicious). It is gooey and sweet and everything a pumpkin pie should be. (Recipe and photo by Chocolate-Covered Katie)
- Apple Cinnamon Galette: You will forget all about pie when you taste this autumn goodness. A galette is a French dessert that is flat, round and full of deliciousness—sounds about right for a post-Thanksgiving dinner dessert. (Recipe and photo by Oh Lady Cakes)
Licking your lips yet? What vegan recipe do you turn to on Thanksgiving? Share it below.
Happy (vegan) Turkey Day!