Where has the time gone?? I seriously can’t believe that I’m sitting here writing to you about our 2 YEAR #NOSHIVERSARY. As I started thinking about what I wanted to share today, I looked back on the post I wrote exactly 1 year ago. My, how things have changed. But at the same time, I’m also reminded of how much has stayed the same. While we’ve grown considerably, evolved our thinking, and even started to explore some new business opportunities, the core of what we believe and who we are hasn’t changed one bit. So much so, that I think it’s important to re-iterate them again here, not only to share with you but also to remind us of what “being a Nosher” means:
- Quality > Quantity: Good enough isn’t good enough. Great is so much better.
- “Being Human” is the only way to be: As I hope you’ve seen, there’s a real person behind every interaction you have with us. No bots, no blasts, no form emails. It’s always us and that’s how it’ll stay. Being authentic, personal, and honest helps us create better connections with you, and with each other.
- We’re a Blogger-First Company: We realized this over a year ago and it couldn’t be more true today. The incredible blogging community that we’re a part of and that we’ve developed around NoshOn.It is the core of our business and we’re committed to helping make the pie bigger for everyone.
These might seem simple enough, but that’s how it should be. Simple values that have big impact.
Looking back over the past two years, though, the biggest thing that stands out to me is that success (though we’re far from it) never occurs by yourself on an island. Although I have the privilege of writing this post, THESE are the real people who make it all happen (and yes, we have great picnics!)
To Alex, Ashley, Beth, Beccah, Caroline, Elizabeth, Ellen, Kate, Kerry, Krysta, Lizzie, and Raychel, THANK YOU for all that you’ve done and that you do to bring NoshOn.It to where we are today. Without your commitment to our team and our product, none of this would be possible.
To our readers and bloggers, thank you for your readership, support, and enthusiasm about what we do! Like something? Send our team a note! We’d love to hear from you.
And, now, onto the fun stuff (the numbers!). Here are just a few highlights of where we are:
- Our archives include 550 recipes, 400 cooking tips, and 180 blog posts & recipe roundups.
- Our featured blogger community has grown to 300 bloggers around the world.
- We’ve had over 3.1 MILLION visitors to our site over the past 2 years.
- We’ve sent over 2.74 MILLION emails.
It’s not every day that I sit back and think about what those numbers mean but today, I’m excited to see how far we’ve come, how far we reach, and how far we’re going to continue to go!
Now, a birthday celebration calls for a treat, doesn’t it?
Most people celebrate their birthdays with cake, but considering how hot it is outside (and our general love for all frozen desserts), we made gelato! This one might have took a few tries to get right but finally, we can share it with you on our #Noshiversary. Happy noshing, happy cooking, and, of course, happy gelato-ing.
~Vijay, co-founder & chief nosher