“ Have a couple of days? Crank up your ovens and start baking with this collection of delicious gluten-free cookie recipes, perfect for handmade holiday gifts! Kate, Recipe Hunter ”
Christmas is just around the corner and whether you celebrate or not, one thing is for sure – holiday baking is for everyone! The ovens are cranking at full steam in kitchens around the world and just because you’re gluten-free, it doesn’t mean you can’t join in on the delicious fun. We’ve put together a collection of 13 festive and gluten-free holiday cookies that are perfect to whip up during your vacation as gifts for your family and friends…or to fill your own cookie jar for those midnight sweet tooth cravings.
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles: A classic cinnamon-sugar snickerdoodle gets a pumpkin-y twist with pumpkin puree (preferably homemade) in the batter and pumpkin pie spice sprinkled on top. (Recipe and photo: Pineapple and Coconut)
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies: Soft and chewy gingerbread cookies that the kids will love to decorate…then bite the arms off! (Recipe and photo: A Baking Life)
- Spicy (Crispy) Gingerbread Cookies: Prefer a crunch? This classic cookie comes out thin and crispy with a snap. (Recipe and photo: A Sage Amalgam)
- Almond and Dried Cranberry Cookie Bites (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Vegan): If you’re looking for a cookie you can feel good about eating without slacking on flavor, this is it! (Recipe and photo: Healthy Food for Living)
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies: All the goodness of flourless chocolate cake in the palm of your hand with a double dose of chocolate. (via Meaningful Eats, featured on NoshOnIt)
- Gluten-Free German Chocolate Sandwich Cookies: German chocolate cake gets turned into a cookie sandwich with a creamy coconut cream between two chocolate pecan cookies. (Recipe and photo: Hungry Rabbit)
- No Bake Cookie Butter Spread Ginger Molasses Cookies: Need a cookie to whip up in a jiffy? These come together in minutes! (Recipe and photo: Averie Cooks)
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Cookies: Dark chocolate and toasted coconut come together in a dense, hearty cookie. (Recipe and photo: Oh, Ladycakes)
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies: Simple, classic, and only 4 ingredients! These chewy peanut butter cookies will be gone in no time. (Recipe and photo: With Style and Grace)
- Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies: Using candy cane Hershey Kisses makes these festive and fun. (Recipe and photo: Gluten Free on a Shoestring)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats: Who doesn’t love rice krispie treats? No one, especially when they’re laced with peanut butter and covered in chocolate. (Recipe and photo: Yummy Mummy Kitchen)
- Low Carb Cranberry Ginger Butter Cookies: Classic buttery cookies get a spicy, tart bite with candied ginger and dried cranberries. (Recipe and photo: All Day I Dream About Food)
- Soft and Chewy Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies: You already know our obsession with chocolate chip cookies so we had to include this staple. (Recipe and photo: The Bojon Gourmet)
What are your favorite types of holiday cookies?
Do you typically make them as gifts or keep them at home for the family?
Get more hand-picked recipes and cooking tips right in your inbox.