Bread might be the nemesis of the gluten free world. Over the past several years, however, chefs, bloggers, and cookbook authors have tackled the GF bread challenge and have come up with creative (and successful) recipes using alternative flours. This collection of 7 bread and quick bread recipes has items that are great for breakfast, alongside a hearty dinner, or as a vehicle for a lunchtime sandwich.
- Brown Sandwich Bread with Teff: Let’s start with the basics. Everyone needs a simple sandwich bread and this one is ours. (Recipe & Photo: Girl Cooks World)
- Gluten Free Seeded Honey Bread: Slightly sweet and studded with an assortment of seeds, this bread is earthy, healthy, and versatile (Recipe & Photo: Cooking Melangery)
- Gluten Free Coconut Sweet Potato Bread: Bree from Honey and Brie sneaks coconut milk and shaved coconut into this moist and sweet tropical-inspired quick bread (Recipe & Photo: Honey and Brie)
- Gluten Free Sweet Potato & Raisin Cornbread: Every good BBQ needs a side of cornbread and this recipe with sweet potatoes and raisins is simple, easy, and just right for your summertime picnics. (Recipe & Photo: Imma Eat That on NoshOnIt)
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread (Paleo & GF): You won’t even notice the vegetables in this shredded zucchini and chocolate quickbread that has both chocolate chips and walnuts. (Recipe & Photo: Living Healthy with Chocolate)
- Chocolate Orange Swirl Bread (Low Carb & Gluten Free): Chocolate and orange are a classic flavor combination and Carolyn layers this bread with a chocolate swirl. (Recipe & Photo: All Day I Dream About Food)
- Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread: It may not be St. Patrick’s Day but this Irish Soda Bread uses a combo of clever gluten free flours to achieve a texture and flavor that’s just like the real thing. (Recipe and Photo: Kitchen Apparel on NoshOnIt)
If you’re on a gluten free diet, how do you satisfy your bread cravings?
Get more hand-picked recipes and cooking tips right in your inbox.