“ From the classics to something a little different, start your day off on the right foot with one of these 7 creative gluten free muffin recipes. Vijay, Recipe Hunter ”
There’s nothing quite like waking up to the smell of warm pastries baking away in the oven. Among the most common of these is the infinitely variable muffin. Individually wrapped and great for on-the-go breakfasts, tender and crumbly muffins require a little bit of attention when mixing together a batter, especially when it’s gluten free. Whether you like classic blueberry and banana nut or creative twists like some of the ones below, this collection of 9 gluten free muffin recipes will make your mornings just a little bit better.
- Quinoa Blueberry Lemon Muffins: Our favorite superfood grain doesn’t have to be reserved for just savory dishes. This recipes uses ground quinoa flour in a blueberry muffin recipe for a healthier gluten free alternative. (Recipe & Photo: Delectable Musings)
- Banana Walnut Muffins: Speckled with ripe bananas and crunchy walnuts, this recipe uses brown rice flour to make the classic banana walnut muffin gluten free. (Recipe & Photo: The Roasted Root)
- Chocolate Muffins: Sometimes, only chocolate will satisfy a sweet tooth craving and these chocolate muffins (which can be made vegan if you’d like) are rich and chocolatey. Add in chocolate chips for a double dose or top them with frosting for a breakfast “cupcake.” (Recipe & Photo: Healthful Pursuit)
- Blackberry Almond Meal Muffins: Naturally gluten free, these muffins are packed with protein from the almond meal and studded with the ripest, sweet blackberries you can find. (Recipe & Photo: Around My Family Table)
- Cinnamon Raisin Muffins: Imagine if you could have all of the flavors of cinnamon raisin bread in a handheld muffin. This recipe uses sweet golden raisins and slivered almonds on top for something a little different. (Recipe & Photo: Fueling Endurance Performance)
- Chocolate Avocado Muffins: Have an avocado that’s becoming a bit too ripe? Add it to the batter to keep your muffins moist while adding an extra dose of protein. (Recipe & Photo: Kitchen Apparel)
- Cornbread Muffins: Cornbread doesn’t just have to bee for a summer BBQ or alongside a big pot of chili. Slather these muffins, which have little sweet bites of corn spread throughout, with butter and honey for a Southern-inspired breakfast. (Recipe and Photo: Drum Beets)
What is your favorite type of muffin? Tell us in the comments below and leave a link to your favorite recipe if you have it!
Get more hand-picked recipes and cooking tips right in your inbox.