“ Get ahead of the game with this collection of 7 healthy recipes that are quick and easy for dinner tonight and can be enjoyed for lunch throughout the week. Sarah, Recipe Hunter ”
Feeling a little overwhelmed with everything you have to get done this week but still want to be able to put a homemade meal on the table for your family at night? Well, one of our tricks to eating well with minimal fuss is the double-duty meal – dishes you can make for dinner tonight and enjoy for lunch throughout the week. These 7 healthy make-ahead recipes are either cold to begin with, can be enjoyed hot or cold, or can be quickly reheated in the microwave the next day.
- Hearty Lentil and Black Bean Soup with Smoked Paprika: Since it’s just as easy to double a recipe for soup, we like making big batches of this hearty lentil and black bean soup. Enjoy it tonight then store the remainder in containers you can take to work the next day.
- Red Quinoa and Mango Salad: This colorful cold quinoa salad holds extremely well and doesn’t need to be refrigerated at all times so you can take it out of the fridge in the morning and enjoy a delicious, healthy lunch wherever you are.
- Kale Caesar Salad: Kale doesn’t wilt as easily as other greens so this salad will hold up well. You can even pack and store the undressed salad and dressing in separate containers in the fridge, then shake it all together at work.
- Asian Noodle Salad with Baked Tofu: This cold noodle salad with cabbage and tofu is fresh, healthy, hearty, and bursting with flavor.
- Warm Rice Salad with Chard, Feta, Walnuts, and Blood Orange: The juice from the blood oranges turns the rice in this salad a beautiful red color, serving as a background to green chart, tangy feta, and crunchy walnuts. This salad is delicious warm but equally good cold or at room temperature.
- Broccoli Arugula Pesto: The possibilities with this pesto are endless. Spread it on bread as the base to a sandwich, toss it with pasta or quinoa, or use it as a dip for veggies or pita chips.
- Cilantro Citrus Chicken: Searing this chicken in a cast iron skillet gives it a smokey, fajita-like flavor. Slice it and serve it with tortillas and salsa or toss it on top of a salad for a protein boost.
What’s your favorite double-duty meal that you can make for dinner tonight and have for lunch tomorrow?
Get more hand-picked recipes and cooking tips right in your inbox.