“ Who said s'mores are only for the campfire? Cookbook author and blogger Steph Wise shares how us how to make these decadent, toasted marshmallow-filled chocolate cupcakes at home, earning major bonus points for stirring graham cracker crumbs right into the batter. Vijay, Recipe Hunter ”
Warm summer days. Cool, crisp evenings. And the crackling sound of campfires burning away. For us, this scene brings to mind one thing…s’mores! Even if you can’t toast marshmallows over an open fire, thanks to blogger and newly minted author Stephanie Wise, you can recreate the flavors of your favorite s’mores at home…and for breakfast. From her new eCookbook Quick Bread Love, this recipe for S’Mores Muffins incorporates toasty graham cracker crumbs and chocolate chips right into the batter along with a layer of marshmallow creme in the middle for a decadent, gooey breakfast treat with no fire required.
Want to learn more about this eCookbook and the author behind it? Read our interview with Stephanie Wise here.
From the Quick Bread Love eCookbook
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup fine graham cracker crumbs (about 4 crackers)
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup marshmallow crème
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease the bottoms and sides of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until combined. In a separate large bowl, whisk together milk, oil, vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- Pour milk mixture into flour mixture; stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips until just combined.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of batter in the bottom of each prepared muffin cup (so the bottom of each cup is completely covered with batter). Top each with a tablespoon of marshmallow crème, being careful not to let the crème touch the sides of the cups. Fill cups with remaining batter. Top each cup with a few extra chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan.
Note: Some links in this post may be affiliate links through which we receive a small commission from the publisher at no additional cost to our readers. These programs help us support NoshOn.It.
“ Girl Versus Dough is my love letter to food. Whether it's fresh-baked bread or a simple salad, my hope is that readers get hungry and feel inspired to make something at home that brings their families together at the table. ”
Stephanie is the blogger and recipe developer behind Girl Versus Dough, where she shares her love for homemade, seasonal recipes from her Twin Cities kitchen. What we absolutely love about Stephanie is that by reading her recipes, you’ll become inspired by her passion of working with your hands and the joys of eating something that you made completely from scratch. As a self-taught baker, she challenges herself in the kitchen with things like homemade breads and shares the results of her experiments with us. Her love of food is infectious so check out her blog, head to the kitchen, and don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty.
Get more hand-picked recipes and cooking tips right in your inbox.