Hosting an Oscar-viewing party or heading to a friend’s house to watch the stars strut their stuff? Don’t forget the snacks! We’ve put together a collection of 9 delicious (and gluten free) appetizers that are the perfect accompaniment to a few glasses of bubbly while you watch the awards being handed out.
- Sweet and Spicy Cashews: What’s a cocktail party without bar nuts? These homemade roasted cashews are slightly sweet from maple syrup and have a combination of savory spices for a deep flavor. (Recipe and photo: Oatmeal with a Fork)
- Green Goddess Hummus: A classic hummus recipe is turned green with a combination of fresh herbs (use whatever you have on hand). Serve with gluten free crackers or your favorite veggies. (Recipe and photo: Leaf and Grain)
- Creamy Artichoke Dip: If you love spinach artichoke dip, think of this as a warm dip sans spinach! Whip it up in the food processor then bake until hot and bubbly. (Recipe and photo: Sweet Basil)
- Cheddar Cheese Straws (Gluten Free): Using a good, sharp cheddar cheese and a pinch of red pepper flakes gives these addictive cheese straws a tangy, spicy bite. (Recipe and photo: A Sage Amalgam)
- Curry Kale Chips: Skip the potato chips and go with something healthier and even more delicious. These kale chips are dusted with curry powder and coconut for an Indian-inspired snack. (via Tasty Yummies)
- Quinoa Cakes: Looking for something a bit more substantial? These little fritters are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Cook up a big batch and keep them warm in the oven until you’re ready to serve. (Recipe and photo: Tales of an Overtime Cook)
- Gluten Free Parmesan Popovers: Fluffy, golden popovers are typically served as bread alongside a meal but they can also be a delicious appetizer for an elegant cocktail party. (Recipe and photo: Beard & Bonnet)
- Spinach Avocado Stuffed Portabellos: Classic stuffed mushrooms get a twist in this recipe, which stuffs roasted baby bella mushrooms with a mixture of spinach, creamy avocado, and crunchy nuts. (Recipe and photo: Vegan Yumminess)
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Truffles: And what would a party be without something sweet? These creamy, decadent truffles get a touch of spice from the addition of cinnamon and cayenne. (Recipe and photo: Tasting Notes)
What are your favorite appetizers to serve at a cocktail party?
Who are you looking forward to watching on the Oscars?
Get more hand-picked recipes and cooking tips right in your inbox.