“ With apples in abundance, this collection of sweet and savory gluten-free apple recipes welcomes the change of seasons. Vijay, Recipe Hunter ”
Fall is in the air and apples are everywhere. From McIntosh to Honeycrisp to Jonah Gold and every combination in between, farmers markets are filled with bushels of best-of-the-season apples. Today, we’ve put together a collection of 9 unique sweet and savory gluten-free recipes that use apples. You’ll find a breakfast cookie to start your day right, a vegetarian curried soup, indulgent desserts, and even a refreshing sangria to wash it all down.
- Apple Breakfast Cookies: Cookies for breakfast? Yes, please. These are hearty and filling, just what you need to start your day off right. (Recipe and photo: Gluten-Free on a Shoestring)
- Easy Baked Apples: A simple and elegant dessert with a crunchy oat topping that lets the flavor of the apples shine through. Serve warm with your favorite vanilla ice cream. (Recipe and photo: With Style and Grace)
- Gluten-Free Cider Donuts: A staple of any orchard store, these gluten-free donuts use farm-fresh apple cider and are moist and flavorful. (Recipe and photo: No Gluten, No Problem)
- Curried Cauliflower and Apple Soup with Roasted Chickpeas: This fall soup is the perfect blend of sweet and savory with the warming spices of curry. Topped with crispy roasted chickpeas, this is just what you’ll want for those cold days. (Recipe and photo: Healthful Pursuit)
- Pork Tenderloin with Thyme-Fennel Spice Rub and Cider Cream Sauce: Pork and apples are a classic combination but this recipe changes things up. A spice-rubbed whole tenderloin is roasted with apples, turning them soft and caramelized. (Recipe and photo: Cafe Johnsonia on the Caputo’s Deli Blog)
- Pancetta-Wrapped Chicken with Roasted Apples and Winter Vegetables: Wrapping chicken with pancetta keeps it moist while infusing it with bacon-y flavor. Apples, kale, and winter veggies are roasted with the chicken for a perfect fall side. (Recipe and photo: Verbalized)
- Tuscan Apple Cake: These individually-served cakes are an elegant ending for a fall dinner party and not too sweet. (Recipe and photo: A Baking Life)
- Gluten-Free Apple Crisple: A combination of a crisp and crumble, this “crisple,” is familiar and sweet with a crunchy topping. (Recipe and photo: Bojon Gourmet)
- Honeycrisp Apple Sangria: Wash down your meals with this refreshing white wine sangria, soaked with fresh apples and getting an extra apple punch from Calvados, an apple liqueur. (Recipe and photo: Ezra Pond Cake)
Get more hand-picked recipes and cooking tips right in your inbox.